Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pomegranate with Iron added after Dyeing



I added 3 tsps (I would start with just 1/2 tsp of this solution and then add more as needed to get it as dark as you'd like) of the hot Iron Solution to my Pomegranate Dye Pot and brought the entire mixture to another boil. I simmered it for another 1/2 hour and this is the resulting color. So as you can see, Iron is going to make your dyed material a darker color. If you want it lighter, you would use less Iron Solution. This particular photo of the cane is still wet, so it likewise is going to be lighter when it drys.

Looks a lot like my Walnut Dyed Cane and this could probably be used as a substitute for the Walnut.

Iron will always make your dyed material more muted and dark.


Next up is dyeing with beets.


No comments: